Lyo-Ready 1-Step RT-qPCR master mixes are glycerol-free formulations that contain Taq polymerase, reaction buffer, dNTP, MgCl2, lyo-excipients and separate reverse transcriptase and dilution buffer. They are ideal for developing room temperature, lyophilized, multiplex RT-qPCR diagnostic tests and are suited for high-throughput, automated platforms requiring milli-second rehydration times.
Lyo-Ready 1-Step RT-qPCR Mix (MDX024) and
Lyo-Ready 1-Step RT-qPCR Virus Mix (MDX062)
- Provided glycerol-free and pre-formulated with a specialized blend of lyo-excipients
- Virus mix (Cat #MDX062) is specifically optimized for amplification of RNA and DNA viruses
- Suited for multiplex-assays and low-copy number targets
- Compatible with lyophilization into beads or cakes
- Ideal for developing fast, highly reproducible assays requiring ambient temperature transport and storage
Retention of reverse transcriptase activity following lyophilization
Primers and probes were added to Lyo-Ready 1-Step RT-qPCR Mix (Cat #MDX024), dried down and immediately rehydrated (purple) and tested against a freshly prepared wet mix (orange), in a triplex probe RT-qPCR assay on mouse RNA. The results demonstrate the same reverse transcriptase enzyme activity before and following lyophilization.