Meridian Life Science, Inc. offers a variety of assay support and development services through our Operatons, R&D and Quality groups.
- These groups have extensive experience with immunological-based assays such as Western Blotting and ELISA’s which can be used to confirm identity or assess reactivity and specificity for a given protein.
- We also routinely perform protein quantitation by spectrophotometric and chemical (BCA and Bradford) methods.
- Chromatographic separation and analysis of various proteins is carried out by SDS-PAGE and visualization of the resulting proteins may be conducted using silver or Coomassie stains.
- Additional separation technologies to characterize proteins may be conducted using 2-D gels or HPLC methods employing various parameters such as molecular size, hydrophobicity or ionic strength.
The Test Method and Assay Development groups employ:
- Standard gel electrophoresis equipment
- Spectrophotometers including the Nanodrop
- Agilent Technologies 1200 Series HPLC
- ÄKTA Explorer and ÄKTA Pilots (primarily designed for production rather than analytics)
- ELISA readers
- Software to further characterize or quantitate (where applicable) a given assay using 4-P, linear or other fits.
Assay discovery, development and support have been critical to our success. We depend on our in-house analytical capabilities to:
- assess our in-process production steps
- to provide release information for final product
- to support our new product development activities
As part of our total commitment to our contract R&D and custom services sector, we now offer these skill sets to our customers for tailoring to their specific needs. Alternatively, if existing assays are available either commercially or through you we can transfer those assays in-house in support of your project.